Friday, January 2, 2009

December 1st. 2008

Hey!

 

Thank you for the mail! Wow that had a ton in it! The Bathroom really looks nice! Good job! Good old Trevor, I haven’t heard from him in a while. A while back he said that he was going to write a letter, but I never got anything...but I’m glad to hear that all is going well with him as far as the surgery. What is going on with gas? It’s lower here too. Plus, a very good thing, the exchange rate has dropped, quite a bit. From 1.7 to 1.25 or something, I don’t know if it’s gone more or not, but anything helps! Hillary is Secretary of State huh? Wow.

 

Quick question, do you save all the emails that you send out? Because I have been trying to do that here, but my ldsmail kind of isn’t that good, so I think I’m going to have to depend on you to save them all...if that’s all good. But the pics are all very good, thank you for them! Also, the memory card is still here, I have to give some pics to some other elders, and then I’m putting it in the envelope, and sending it off! Sorry it’s taken me so long, but if it makes you feel any better, we have been taking a ton of pics lately, so it should help make up for it.

 

Otherwise things here are doing really well. Last week was really good, and this past one wasn’t too bad either. We have that golden investigator who was asking us questions about baptism in the second lesson, we explained the basics, and told him to wait until the next lesson. I swear he’s just going to tell us that this is all a joke one week, and tell us he’s just some member that’s from some other part of Spain. We had some other lessons that were good too, and had some people in church, I was really happy.

 

It’s been tougher, because it hasn’t stopped raining for about a week now, so it’s hard to do contacts on the street; we just mostly knock, or go by people that we’ve already contacted trying to get visits in. The power has gone out on us a few times, we were a little cold. It doesn’t ever snow here, but the cold with the humidity makes you feel it right through your clothes, not too fun, especially because it’s been raining, so everything is all wet too.

 

We celebrated thanksgiving here in Coruña with the other elders and sisters, and that was a blast. We made real mashed potatoes, and had a good turkey, made apple pie, gravy, rolls, all this stuff that we had been saving up from our packages, and buying, it all turned out really good though, a nice day to make you homesick!

 

Well next week we’re having the Christmas zone conference, so ill have to write you back on Tuesday!

 

 

Thanks for everything!

 

Take care!

 

Elder Hanson


(Letter to Shelly)



December 1st, 2008 (Email to me)


Hey!


Wow it looks like you girls have had an awesome time together! All the pics were very fun, thanks for sending them!


So how long was Beth in town? It didn’t seem like long at all! I’m glad to hear that Morgan got her to go to church like that, that really is awesome! By the way it is also way awesome that she won the reflections! Tell her congrats for me, but you know Tuesday...And let me see the tree when it’s all done, it sounds like it should be fantastic! (Mom note) I let Morgan decorate the tree this year.


As far as ripping my clothes, well ya, I did kind of scuff up my suit jacket, and mess up my pants too, but over all, not too bad, I was wearing my black one, and that is the thicker one, it looks like it is the stronger one, so all is good really, I just lost a sock really, not too bad. But by the way if you are thinking of sending some things for the winter (just a thought) some type of long johns might do the trick! And maybe the ibuprofen, just because it’s a very useful thing as a missionary! But thanks for getting all that stuff for my pants done that is so much, thank you!


Well I’m off to the day, thank you so much for everything! Take care, have a great week!


Elder Hanson


No comments: