Monday, April 28, 2008

Our Final Goodbye's


Wednesday April 9th, 2008
As we walked to the front of the MTC, to take the pictures that every LDS family takes before their son or daughter embarks on the biggest adventure of their young life, I'm amazed at this picture before me...(below) of our two grown sons walking with their Mother Suzy. So big! SERIOUSLY...so much bigger then I thought they were. I see them every day in my home and I know they're bigger then me...their Step Mother, but to see them next to their Mother...
She looks like she's walking with two men.  

Amazing


Doesn't Brett look great in a suit?

This is Brett's friend Andy Hulka. Andy was going to BYU and thought he'd run from his classes on Campus to the MTC to see Brett off.  We were so happy to see the University approved 
MULLET gone from his head...till we saw the RAT TAIL he left in its place!  GOOD GRIEF MAN! But he's a great kid and we feel so luck to have had his family move into our neighborhood years ago, to become one of Brett and Nate's best friends. 

So we took Andy into the MTC as one of our Sons so he could get 30 more minutes with Brett.
That's our guy. I love him so much. I miss him like crazy, 
but I couldn't be more proud.

1 comment:

Erin said...

this post totally made me cry!! The last picture is just awesome. I guess after being in SLC recently that strong spirit that is there is so strong. You have such an amazing family Shelly! Thank you so much for sharing these amazing photos & moments of Brett's Mission. Can't wait to follow along over the next many months.